I've been nominated for the Liebster Award by the lovely April, the lovely Ashleigh and the lovely Elise (@TravellinWander, @EliseeTamsinn and @AshleighParry13 on twitter) thank you so much girls! Now because I've had multiple nominations (thank you so much) I am going to split the questions, so I will be answering a few questions from each post. The Liebster Award is a way to be discovered, it's also a way to support and connect with other bloggers in the blogging community, this is also to acknowledge up and coming bloggers for their talent and be able to find and read many different blogs through each other (I love the idea of this award!).
The rules are pretty simple: you choose your nominees and you ask them questions for them to then answer on their own blogs, your nominees will then choose their own 11 nominees and ask 11 questions of their choice.
1) Tell us about your blog, and what inspired you to start it?
For a while I've loved the idea of blogging and I've always been one to love reading other peoples blogs, I think what really inspired me to start it was the main bloggers blog posts so people like Zoella, Tanya Burr and Poppy Deyes. Also seeing people I know starting their own blogs and watching the success it's brought to them really encouraged me to finally start a blog.
2) Do you enjoy reading? If yes, what are your top 5 books, if no, why not?
YES! Absolutely love reading, to the point my younger sister refers to me as Belle from Beauty and the Beast. My top 5 books, especially ones that I think everyone should read would be: Everything Everything, All The Bright Places, We Were Liars, A Night In With Audrey Hepburn and I Was Here.
3) What was the inspiration for the name of your blog?
My love of beauty, plus it just had a nice ring to it. I didn't really know what I was originally going to post about but my love for make-up seemed to be the easiest so that's where BilliLovesBeauty came from.
4) If you could only watch one film for the rest of your life, what would it be?
If you asked me as a kid, I would've said The Wizard of Oz. Now that I'm older it would probably be... Beauty and the Beast! I love the original and the remake, I even think Emma Watson was just the perfect person to bring Belle to life. I never tire of the songs in it and my first tattoo was even an image of the enchanted rose in a glass dome.
5) Current favourite song?
Probably... Can't Help Falling In Love by Elvis Presley, really I'm a 60 year old in a 19 year olds body! I just love that song so much, it's a classic.
6) What motivates you?
If we're talking about blog related motivation then, it would probably the other bloggers I follow and talk to on social media. Everyone's just so welcoming and they're honestly all so lovely and will make you want to finish a post, even if it is driving you mad trying to finish it!
7) Describe yourself in three words.
Bonkers, Ditsy and Witty.
8) How do you create new content, when it seems like everything has already been done?
I tend to just write for myself, I'm sure there are multiple posts about beauty products but in a way each one is different so if I just think of it as my contribution to helping people whether that be for Uni related posts or beauty posts.
9) What TV show do you wish you lived in and why?
Vampire Diaries because Damon Salvatore... who wouldn't want to live in Mystic Falls when the gorgeous Damon Salvatore is wondering around!
10) Why did you decide to start blogging?
I love reading other peoples blogs and even as a kid I used to pretend to write blog posts being different characters, either from films or just people I made up. I've always loved the idea of blogging and always thought it would be super fun!
11) What's your quote to live by?
Either "You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself."- the Wizard of Oz or "You're entirely bonkers but I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are."- Alice in Wonderland. Purely because they've gotten me through tricky times in my life or they've made me feel a bit more comfortable being myself.
12) Bonus/Optional: Where (if applicable) can readers find you on social media?
Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, any other social media place you can probably find on my 'Contact Me' page on my blog!
Super Nerdy Dad: SuperNerdyDad
Amy: All About Amy
Girl Enters: GirlEnters
Not Acc. For Looks: Not Accounting For Looks
Taylor Louise: TeaTimeAndBooks
Gemma: Life of a Gem
11 questions for you!
1. What inspired you to start your blog?
2. What do you do when you get a writing block?
3. What content can people expect to find on your blog?
4. If you could recommend one book or film for people to watch, what would it be and why?
5. Who inspires you the most?
6. If you had to listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would it be?
7. Favourite YouTubers/Bloggers/Influencers?
8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would you live?
9. Vinyl records or digital? (e.g. spotify, iPod)
10. Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn?
11. When you're not blogging, what do you like to spend your time doing?
Thank you for the nominees, be sure to check out the blogs of my nominees and the people who nominated me. They're all super talented people who I think really should get recognition for what they do!
Love to you all,
Find me on Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | BlogLovin | YouTube